Saturday, September 17, 2022

An Everyday Life in Pictures

In Scotland, at the wedding of eldest grandson
and his Flora. Photo shows me in 
unaccustomed fascinator with son and bridegroom
on September 3rd, in glorious marquee.

 

Tried to place this below but Paddington refused.
Splendid current example of Kniffiti.
The latest kid on the block.

Me in the Abbey Gardens on September 14th

 

This splendid advertisement was on the wall 
at our Dunkeld hotel which was really
a hunting, shooting, fishing lodge, I think!
Not my sphere of interest or expertise, 
but aesthetically perfect in its appropriate setting.

Skinner Street by Reg Siger.
Recently bought from exhibition in the Cathedral

 
Skinner Street, September 2022.
Found Skinner Street and SO sad to see a
plethora of bins crowding the street.
This stretch was the only one unadorned.
Reg's version is much to be preferred.

Son and two friends walking the Pyrenean Way, the GR10,
begun two years ago; they returned to finish the job two
days after the wedding.


While my middle grandson and his girl are 
"travelling" first in the U.S. then in Asia.
Here he is pretending to climb El Cap.


And the honeymoon is in Brazil!




Meanwhile I do my early walks in the Abbey Gardens
where talented garden designers place silver with purple
blooms in aesthetic delight, 



...and I admire these pompom dahlias which
remind me strongly of my mother who
was besotted with dahlias and planted 
half of the garden with them each year.

Oops! Nearly left out the first bride of the family year. She has 
spent time with her wife, touring part of Scotland during 
early September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Future is Green

  Port Talbot steelworks Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station   A notable fact caught my attention this week; actually, TWO notable facts! The tw...