Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Sharing the Joke

 In a rare bout of 'sorting out stuff' I recently came across the following sequence of cartoons produced by a friend and former neighbour, Pat  *****. According to the accompanying note, I had given her 'charming little book' which I had produced and which had pleased her. Her 'thank you' was the joyful collection of her typical cartoons below, lampooning her experiences and observations of ageing. The whole delightful sequence was dated 20/10/03 and I cannot ask her permission to reprint here in my blog as really sadly she has since departed for the Great Studio in the Sky.

The reason I want to display Pat's brilliant drawings/caricatures is that so many of them echo very strongly, my own contemporary experiences now that I am 90! Pat possessed not only artistic ability and a great sense of humour but also amazing  prescience and notable perception. So this is a loving tribute to a clever, funny and wise woman who is missed and who is, moreover, missing countless opportunities to produce more of the same. 









Cartoonist extraordinaire





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Future is Green

  Port Talbot steelworks Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station   A notable fact caught my attention this week; actually, TWO notable facts! The tw...